AVG 2011 Update Crashes 64-bit Windows 7 – Fix It
How to disable AVG when the operating system cannot be started properly
If you suspect that an AVG component is preventing your computer from starting properly, follow the steps below to verify the situation.
- Use AVG Rescue CD to boot your computer.
- When the AVG Rescue CD is launched, select the Utilities -> File Manager menu item.
- Navigate to the mounted system drive. This will be /mnt/sda1/ in most cases.
- Within this drive, navigate to the /Windows/system32/drivers/ folder.- Rename (using the F6 key) all files starting with avg (e.g. avgldx86.sys, avgtdix.sys, etc.) to back them up. You can change their extension from .sys to .bak, for example.
- Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and reboot the system (make sure to remove the AVG Rescue CD from your optical drive before doing so).- Your system will boot without AVG being involved in the process.
AVG fix link: