Facebook have released a very well shot promo video for Facebook Places:
What do you think about it?
- Globally Facebook has 500 Million users, 26 Million of who are from the UK which is a third of it’s population
- More than 3 Billion pictures are uploaded every month
- There are more than 60 Million status updates a day
- Collectively users spend more than 700 Billion minutes a month on Facebook
- On average you create 90 pieces of content every month
- The average amount of friends is 130
- 30 Billion pieces of content, news, blogs, weblinks etc, are shared each month
Facebook now covers an amazing 8% of the worlds population. If the total amount of users were to form a country then it would be the third largest in the world.
Bono is said to have invested another £80 million into Facebook, bringing the total to £140 million. The company was able to buy shares from insiders on the secondary market.
Bono was named Worst Investor in America by Wall Street Journal after putting in £312.5 million into debt-riddled cellphone maker Palm Inc.
That’s right, the reports are in that Facebook has not bothered to be ready for the launch of iOS 4 and update their iPhone, iTouch or iPad app. This is certainly not a good move from Facebook. Check out the full report from TechCrunch here: