Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 12 delivers improved security, reliability, and compatibility by updating Java SE 6 to 1.6.0_39.
On systems that have not already installed Java for Mac OS X 10.6 update 9 or later, this update will configure web browsers to not automatically run Java applets. Java applets may be re-enabled by clicking the region labeled “Inactive plug-in” on a web page. If no applets have been run for an extended period of time, the Java web plug-in will deactivate.
Please quit any web browsers and Java applications before installing this update.
See http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5575 for more details about this update.
See http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222 for information about the security content of this update.
For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5170
- Improve the browser’s responsiveness when the system is low on memory
- Fix an issue that could affect websites using forms to authenticate users
- Disable versions of Adobe Flash Player that do not include the latest security updates and provide the option to get the current version from Adobe’s website.
For more information, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5271.
For detailed information on the security content of this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
- Japanese language support for Siri (availability may be limited during initial rollout)
- Photos can now be deleted from Photo Stream
- Camera shortcut now always visible on Lock Screen for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch (4th generation)
- Camera face detection now highlights all detected faces
- Redesigned Camera app for iPad
- Genius Mixes and Genius playlists for iTunes Match subscribers
- Audio for TV shows and movies on iPad optimized to sound louder and clearer
- Podcast controls for playback speed and a 30 second rewind for iPad
- Updated AT&T network indicator
- Addresses bugs affecting battery life
- Fixes an issue that occasionally caused audio to drop for outgoing calls
For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website: