We use the Snap function in Windows 7 a lot when using our PC’s, but this is a feature that sadly has never been available in Mac OS X. Well iSnap now lets Mac users have that functionality.
It doesn’t work with Microsoft Office right now and Firefox and Chrome seem to only function with the keyboard shortcuts, but we are sure they are working on this functionality as we speak.
Download iSnap here:
How to disable AVG when the operating system cannot be started properly
If you suspect that an AVG component is preventing your computer from starting properly, follow the steps below to verify the situation.
- Use AVG Rescue CD to boot your computer.
- When the AVG Rescue CD is launched, select the Utilities -> File Manager menu item.
- Navigate to the mounted system drive. This will be /mnt/sda1/ in most cases.
- Within this drive, navigate to the /Windows/system32/drivers/ folder.- Rename (using the F6 key) all files starting with avg (e.g. avgldx86.sys, avgtdix.sys, etc.) to back them up. You can change their extension from .sys to .bak, for example.
- Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and reboot the system (make sure to remove the AVG Rescue CD from your optical drive before doing so).- Your system will boot without AVG being involved in the process.
AVG fix link:
Check out 10″ Windows 7 tablet featuring WiMax and a dual core Intel Atom N550 processor from Dell
Windows 7’s one year anniversary is on the way and it is said that Microsoft will bring back the family pack offer in the US on October 3rd. The promo allows users with a valid Windows XP or Vista license on a PC that can run Windows 7 to purchase three Windows 7 Home Premium licenses for $150. Snap that deal up without a second thought!
Look out for the offer in the UK on the 22nd October, the actual anniversary date for Windows 7.
We have already shown you how to make your Windows 7 / Vista install look like Mac OS X, and now Lifehacker show you how to make your Ubuntu Linux install look like Windows 7:
With SnowTransformation pack you can make your Windows Vista or 7 machine look like Mac OS X:
Snow Transformation Pack will transform your entire user interface to Mac OS X Snow Leopard, including Snow Leopard Welcome Screen, Visual Style, Icons, Wallpapers, Sounds, Dock and much more. The latest version is 1.0 released on August 2nd, 2010
Grab it here:
Here are some of our favorite posts for a lazy Sunday:
Four Business Tips From Apple & Steve Jobs
Griffin’s new Loop iPad Stand is the first of its kind…
Flickr app gets support for iOS 4 features
HTC to Apple: our reception complaints are far fewer
Five Best Mobile Note Taking Tools
Windows 7: How to Uninstall Service Pack 1 Beta