There is a massive security flaw in iOS 9 which can be fixed by you updating to iOS 9.3.5. It is very important that you do this as soon as possible.
For more information on the iPhone’s first remote jailbreak exploit, read The Verge’s article here:
We’re sure you’re all updating your iPhone’s and iPad’s with the latest iOS 8, but there are reports that due to space issues, some of you are having issues. Check out this helpful guide from Mashable on ways round getting your device updated without deleting apps, pictures and video.
YouTube have released their new product YouTube Capture.
This app allows iPhone and iPod Touch users to share video easily and then “upload videos to YouTube, Google+, Facebook and Twitter simultaneously, or share privately with friends and family”.
There is also a nice auto enhance feature that offers “automatic colour correction, stabilisation, trimming and music tracks”.
We think this app will be successful in encouraging users to add content to their YouTube channel. We are yet to test the app and see how good it’s editing features are, but we expect them not to disappoint.
Check out the YouTube Capture video below to give you a little insite into the app in action:
- Japanese language support for Siri (availability may be limited during initial rollout)
- Photos can now be deleted from Photo Stream
- Camera shortcut now always visible on Lock Screen for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch (4th generation)
- Camera face detection now highlights all detected faces
- Redesigned Camera app for iPad
- Genius Mixes and Genius playlists for iTunes Match subscribers
- Audio for TV shows and movies on iPad optimized to sound louder and clearer
- Podcast controls for playback speed and a 30 second rewind for iPad
- Updated AT&T network indicator
- Addresses bugs affecting battery life
- Fixes an issue that occasionally caused audio to drop for outgoing calls
For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website:
Yes, we thought this sounded crazy when we said it out loud, but Nissan have created a self healing paint technology that when applied to an iPhone case will heal itself if scratched. It is said that minor scratches take about an hour to heal and larger damage can take up to a week.
HOW? we hear you cry! Well the polyrotaxane based paint never really dries but will not mark any surface, nor does it feel wet. Amazing!
We will be keeping an eye out for this one for sure when it may be released later this year.
Google have launched a new service and App called Google Currents. It is their magazine like content reader that brings to your iPhone, iPad, Android tablet or phone online and high speed offline reading. Google offer a number of free optimised online magazines and other content. Check out the video below:
For even more information check out Currents page:
Here are some of the main points they make:
Add your favorite content
- Add your favorite content – From leading publications, to blogs you follow, you can browse, read, and share favorite content, presented in a swipable magazine format.
- Follow trending stories – Let the breaking stories find you. Personalized “trends” pulls articles, photos and videos into living editions, surfacing new stories as they unfold.
- Designed for all your device – Whether sitting on your couch, riding a train or plane, your Currents content is ready for highspeed reading on your Android or Apple phone or tablet.
All the information will of course be syncronised across your devices. Google Currents is only available in the US at the moment. We’re really looking forward to getting our hands on this over in UK, and can’t wait to start reading the reviews.
Check out this TEDTalk given by Thomas Suarez, a 6th Grader, about creating iPhone apps. He is one of these very confident, enthusiastic old before their time American kids who delivers a clear and engaging talk.
Who said the future didn’t have hope. If there are more kids out there like this one, they can only but bring more exciting developments in the world of technology and innovation.